Monday, May 4, 2009

Mother's Day Lilac

My friend asked me to make some Mother's Day cards using flowers. I wanted to use my ignored Blossoms Abound. I just picked up the Martha Stewart small ribbon threader punch for half off, and I found this textured paper for 10 cents! So this is what I came up with when I combined my new bargain goodies. It's hard to see but I shabbied the focal point up a bit by inking the corners and distressing the edges. I was thinking about how this is not my normal style when I realized that I had probably been inspired by Debbie Olsen's recent posts here and here. Funny how that works.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

Supplies (All SU! unless noted)
Stamps: Blossoms Abound, Women of Life (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Lavender Lace, Old Olive, Certainly Celery
Paper: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace, Purple #1 textured cardstock (Die Cuts with A View)
Accessories: ribbon (Offray), small ribbon threader punch (Martha Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment